I just want you all to know of my Testimony of Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ.
As I was reading the visiting teaching message for the month of July titled "All HUMAN BEINGS ARE CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD", several things stood out to me that are very important.
#1 Moses 2:27 " I, God, created man in mine own image, in the image of mine Only Begotten created I him; male and female created I them." This I know to be true. We are indeed created in the image of our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ.
#2 President thomas S. Monson: "God our Father has ears with which to hear our prayers. He has eyes with which to see or actions. He has a mouth with which to speak to us. He has a heart with which to feel compassion and love. HE IS REAL HE IS LIVING. WE are his children made in his image. We look like him and he looks like us." I know this to be true because my prayers are always answered. He comforts me when I am sad. He shows his love through my children and sweet husband. He speaks to me when I read the scriptures and pray. He is real because Joseph Smith saw him in a vision and I believe every bit of that. I have felt the spirit witness this to me.
#3 Elder Joseph B. Worthlin of the Quorum of the twelve Apostles: "To know God is to think what he thinks, to feel what he feels, to have the power he possesses, to comprehend the truths he understands, and to do what he does. Those who know God become like him, and have his kind of life, which is eternal life' ..... He instructed his Nephite disciples: 'What manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am. " I pray that I can be more like God. I belive this is possible.
#4 Susan W. Tanner: "By covenant, we too have all taken upon ourselves Christ's image in their countenances... By covenant, we too have all taken upon ourselves Christ's name. His name should be engraven inwardly upon our hearts."
I feel so blessed to know that I am a Child of God.
6 comments:
Amen, I just finished writing the primary program and the theme this year is: I am a Child of God. So this too has been on my mind lately.
Ixchelle, You are such an amazing person. I love your insights and your testimony. I wish that I lived closer to you to feel of your spirit more often.
Yeah!! You're back! First, thank you for sharing your thoughts and second, thanks for reminding me to read my v.t. message and do my v.t.
Love you!!!!
You're so awesome Ixchelle. I miss you so much!
Tracy
I'm glad you have updated and thanks for the inspirational message! I just learned that a friend and lady I visit teach has adrenal cancer! I will share some of this with her as she goes through these trying times!
Ixchelle, you are amazing! I love that you are never afraid to share the gospel or your testimony. I also love that it spread to our children!
Post a Comment