Do you make your kids do school work? Do you continue with piano lessons? Do you keep a schedule? Do you let the kids go to bed late and sleep in? What activities does your family like to do?
I think my kids are too young to notice the difference, but there does seem to be less structure. I think when they get older, I'll be the kind of mom that keeps some activities going (I always took piano lessons through the summer), but also allows a little more freedom in the summmer - occasional later bedtime, sleeping in, more outside time, afternoons at the pool, etc.
And, where are you getting your sushi? I love that you're kids love it. There's not even a sushi restaurant here!
Totally stay up late and sleep in. We're just grateful to not have to deal with homework each night. We periodically do piano (it helps that I'm the teacher). We spend most of our time in the pool, or playing video games, or hanging out with friends. The house usually goes to pot!
2 comments:
I think my kids are too young to notice the difference, but there does seem to be less structure. I think when they get older, I'll be the kind of mom that keeps some activities going (I always took piano lessons through the summer), but also allows a little more freedom in the summmer - occasional later bedtime, sleeping in, more outside time, afternoons at the pool, etc.
And, where are you getting your sushi? I love that you're kids love it. There's not even a sushi restaurant here!
Totally stay up late and sleep in. We're just grateful to not have to deal with homework each night. We periodically do piano (it helps that I'm the teacher). We spend most of our time in the pool, or playing video games, or hanging out with friends. The house usually goes to pot!
Post a Comment